By Marla Jones| Sports Editor
Southern Torch Sports Network
RAINSVILLE . — The Cornerstone Christian Academy Eagles celebrated its first win as a football team, shutting out Chilton Christian Academy, 30-0.
CCA’s team motto for this season is “Together.” The twelve boys fulfilled the motto and earned the program’s historic first win.
With :59 off the time clock in the opening quarter, Matt Johnson intercepted the ball and scored for Cornerstone, giving the Eagles the 6-0 lead.
Tristin Johnson snatched up the fumble recovery with 8:00 remaining in the second quarter. With 6:00 remaining in the first, Israel Phillips found the end zone. Lucas Hale brought in the 2-point conversion to put the Eagles in the lead, 14-0. Johnson found the end zone before the half and the Eagles went into the half with the 20-0 advantage.
With 4:53 remaining in the third quarter, Lucas Hale intercepted the ball. Phillips brought it in for the Eagles, giving them the 26-0 cushion over Chilton.
Eli Carter made an interception, and with 8:50 remaining in the game, Phillips scored his third and final touchdown of the evening, giving the Cornerstone Christian Academy their first win of school history.
- Israel Phillips #2- 51 return yards, 54 yards rushing, 6 yards receiving, 3 touchdowns and 4 tackles
- Matt Johnson #3- 29 return yards for a touchdown, 75 yards receiving for a touchdown, 21 yards rushing and 6 tackles
- Tristian Johnson #4- Punt return for 12 yards, 5 yards rushing, fumble recovery and 1 tackle
- Lucas Hale #8- Interception for 6 yards, 75 yard pass for touchdown, 2 point conversion and 3 tackles
- Layne Fortner #9- 9 yards rushing, fumble recovery and 7 tackles
- Ethan Wooten #36, Henry Harrison #32, and Brady Biddle #27- all had 2 tackles each
- Eli Carter #21- Interception for 8 yards, 2 tackles
- Cole Wiga #16- fumble recovery and 1 tackle
- Saxon Cloud #22- 1 tackle and numerous blocks
- Cason Smith- Injured reserve